Each Census Commissioner's mobile phone was connected to Mobile Device Management with IBM MaaS360 technology. This solution ensured complete control over the status of the device and its security level. Continuous updates of the device content could be made without any disruption to the work of the enumerators.
Baseline and project objectives
- Control over the security and operational status of the equipment at all times.
- Unified configuration of all devices.
- Bulk execution of operations from a single location.
- Implementation as a service and thus zero infrastructure requirements.
The design process needed to address two critical issues, namely security and the process of preparing 10,000 devices that must be fully configured and ready to work at the time of launch.
From a security perspective, the mobile devices were switched to a so-called kiosk mode, which prevents users from accessing the native user interface of the smartphone. This eliminated most of the complications associated with deploying restrictions using policies. An even more interesting challenge was the process of mass producing 10,000 devices. As part of this task, a service interface was developed in Python that used an IMEI barcode reader. Interestingly, the production line workers had never actually encountered the MaaS environment directly. The detailed procedure followed by the workers included 45 elementary tasks and ended with an automated output check.
Within the production operation, the MaaS solution was then operated by trained employees from the ITSM outsourcing division at AUTOCONT. They were thus able to remotely handle the vast majority of situations that arose during the commissioners' work. After the smartphones had done their job, the termination procedure was initiated, with a mass reset to factory settings at the end of the entire project event.
- IBM MaaS360
You May Also Like
- IT operation of restaurants and introduction of self-service kiosks in Mc Donald's
- Companies in KKCG's technology pillar are changing. Qinshift to be spun off from Aricoma
- BUDVAR systematically increases its cyber security
- IT infrastructure and key applications in the cloud for CSA
- Consolidation of several datacenters into a common hyperconverged solution for PNS
- Simple, secure and unified network management at Zeelandia
- Modernization of infrastructure for the operation of critical applications for Invia.cz
- Innovation of the Technology Centre of the South Moravian Region
- Migration of 12,500 Česká spořitelna users to the Microsoft 365 platform
- Deployment of Alvao Service Desk and Asset Management in the private cloud of the Vysočina Region
- Secure management of corporate network and user rights from the cloud for LetsGetChecked
DO NOT HESITATE TO
Are you interested in more information or an offer for your specific situation?