Business-critical applications now run on a new converged HPE solution that gives us the flexibility to optimize operational costs in combination with the use of AUTOCONT DCS pleAzureStack and MICROSOFT Azure cloud services.
Baseline and project objectives
Invia.cz has undergone a major evolution of its operational infrastructure for business-critical applications. It chose HPE technologies, first ProLiant servers with storage on MSA disk arrays, which it later replaced with a converged architecture of Blade servers with storage on a more powerful 3PAR disk array, where it securely stored its data and applications for 7 years.
In 2021, the company decided to upgrade its IT solution due to the need to improve the performance and reliability of its business operations. The goals of the project were to maintain the benefits of the "blade" solution, find a generational successor to the converged server infrastructure, maintain reliability levels and increase disk storage performance, provide disaster recovery plans, and accelerate the backbone network.
- Reliable and secure operation of IT infrastructure and permanently available production systems for key business applications
- Maintain a proven converged infrastructure with easy performance scaling and solution management
- With a converged "blade" architecture, retire legacy SAN switches as well as leverage Ethernet subsystems for live migration
- High 99.999% availability and performance of all-flash disk array with the ability to use data reduction mechanisms (deduplication, compression) to save real disk array space
- Solution design and implementation from a partner with the highest HPE certifications and competencies
- AUTOCONT service contract for the security and safety of the new IT infrastructure
Invia.cz has long used AUTOCONT as a contractual service partner. We hold the highest HPE Platinum partner certification and our specialists fulfill the requirements of several implementation and service competencies. After implemented consultations, we designed and planned the transition from the outdated infrastructure to the most suitable variant of the new generation HPE options.
Once the target design was agreed, the converged HPE Synergy server solution was delivered first and selected Blade servers were migrated in stages as part of the implementation. In the second phase, a new HPE Primera disk array was procured and data was migrated to it from the existing 3PAR array. The business application data is backed up on HPE Ultrium tape drives to ensure rapid recovery according to Disaster Recovery plans.
The implementation and configuration were planned so that the new infrastructure could be safely integrated into the operational environment, without any downtime of important business applications of Invia.cz. Business continuity and availability of online applications within the disaster plans is ensured and enhanced thanks to the interconnection of the server infrastructure with the cloud services AUTOCONT DCS pleAzureStack and MICROSOFT Azure.
Prior to the project, HPE 5900cp converged switches were delivered and configured and the backbone network was expanded to 10gbps. The project also included increased security at the perimeter and the implementation of a new FortiGate 200F firewall cluster, which provides a scalable and reliably secure SD-WAN environment with next-generation gateway capabilities for running enterprise applications. It effectively protects these mission-critical enterprise applications from cyber threats with system-on-chip acceleration in an affordable and easy-to-deploy design.
- System HPE Synergy 12000 Frame
- Servery HPE Synergy 480 Gen10
- HPE Primera A630 all-flash disk array
- Switche HPE 5900CP
- Cluster firewall FortiGate 200F
You May Also Like
- IT operation of restaurants and introduction of self-service kiosks in Mc Donald's
- Companies in KKCG's technology pillar are changing. Qinshift to be spun off from Aricoma
- BUDVAR systematically increases its cyber security
- Security and remote management of thousands of commissioners' mobile devices for Census 2021
- IT infrastructure and key applications in the cloud for CSA
- Consolidation of several datacenters into a common hyperconverged solution for PNS
- Simple, secure and unified network management at Zeelandia
- Innovation of the Technology Centre of the South Moravian Region
- Migration of 12,500 Česká spořitelna users to the Microsoft 365 platform
- Deployment of Alvao Service Desk and Asset Management in the private cloud of the Vysočina Region
- Secure management of corporate network and user rights from the cloud for LetsGetChecked
DO NOT HESITATE TO
Are you interested in more information or an offer for your specific situation?