Baseline and project objectives
- Extension of the offer adapted to individual customer preferences
- Increased sales
- Reduction in the number of traditional checkouts
- Reduction in the number of people needed to operate the tills
- Shift from cash to cashless payments
- Traceability and measurability of the ordering and payment process
- Less room for human error
- Increased security
McDonald's has successfully implemented global process and technology standardization. This translates, among other things, into the IT environment of the restaurants. A few years ago, McDonald's decided to significantly increase the involvement of IT in the sales process as well as in the food preparation and other ordering processes worldwide. This is being done as part of the restaurant's SPA concept, which includes a comprehensive redesign of the restaurant, service processes, order preparation and customer service.
In the old concept, customers ordered solely on the basis of reading the posted menu and the possibilities for individual adjustments were relatively limited. In the SPA restaurant, apart from the proven hits on the notice board, the possibility of ordering via self-service kiosks is widely used, where the customer not only chooses and specifies the details of his order in peace and quiet, but also picks up the identification stand of his order, pays and sits down at the table where his order is delivered.
Backward compatibility is also supported, where the customer has the option to proceed as they have been used to for many years, namely to select from the display, pay cash at the checkout and pick up their order in the dispensing section. However, IT technology is also making inroads here - for example, traditional menu posters are being replaced by LcD displays with controlled content, and in the dispensing area the customer is informed on a monitor about the preparation and dispensing of their order.
The SPA concept is fully under the control of McDonald's in terms of architecture, development and technology (in terms of the selected manufacturers and the final form of their products involved in the solution).
AUTOCONT, as the selected partner for installation and operational support, has been given full support, particularly in terms of establishing relationships with manufacturers and intensive support for the transfer of know-how. It was up to AUTOCONT to set up process operations with a number of manufacturers, some of which were not yet represented in the Czech Republic in terms of business processes, logistics, warranty and post-warranty service and competence support. AUTOCONT was able to quickly assemble the appropriate teams and project-manage the complete IT re-installation at around 100 restaurants on a very tight schedule.
The last of AUTOCONT's tasks was to set up functioning processes of direct technical support for the restaurants, proactive measures both organizational and technical, and to set up relationships with manufacturers with one common fundamental goal - to minimize limitations or disruptions of restaurant operations, because this means only one thing and very, very undesirable - losing sales.
The solution continues to evolve towards higher capacity, stability and reliability, where AUTOCONT contributes its expertise in the IT field and of course also expands with new technological elements, such as RF customer localization for order delivery by the operator and others, where AUTOCONT, on the other hand, plays the role of an exclusive service partner and is fully covered in terms of know-how by McDonald's and the manufacturers of the corresponding technologies.
- Radius Networks
- Cisco Meraki
- MS Windows
You May Also Like
- BUDVAR systematically increases its cyber security
- Central management, backup and key infrastructure for the AGROMĚŘÍN Group
- HPE GreenLake services ensure reliable operation of Ptáček - velkoobchod
- Comprehensive station management using Microsoft ECM for Ostrava University Hospital
- Modern and secure IT infrastructure with operational services for Arkance Systems CZ
- Security and remote management of thousands of commissioners' mobile devices for Census 2021
- IT infrastructure and key applications in the cloud for CSA
- Consolidation of several datacenters into a common hyperconverged solution for PNS
- Simple, secure and unified network management at Zeelandia
- Modernization of infrastructure for the operation of critical applications for Invia.cz
- Innovation of the Technology Centre of the South Moravian Region
- Secure management of corporate network and user rights from the cloud for LetsGetChecked
DO NOT HESITATE TO
Are you interested in more information or an offer for your specific situation?